Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Good Guy

A woman's chance meeting with her true love.
I wanted to meet men. But not like this.
It was cold and wet. We checked out four video stores before we could agree on a movie. Something funny and sweet where the guy and the girl end up together. If only real life could work out that way. It’s not like I wanted some Hollywood hunk for a boyfriend. I just wanted someone who was polite and thoughtful and actually listened to me instead of talking about himself the whole time. A good guy. Was that too much to ask?
We were driving home when all of a sudden I heard the wail of a siren behind us and saw red lights flashing in my rearview mirror. “Oh, no,” I groaned. A ticket. That’s all I needed.
He asked for my license and registration and headed back to his car. It took him a while to return. “Sorry for the delay,” he said, “but I had to write up two citations. Your inspection sticker has expired.” Then he handed me the citations to sign. “You can request a hearing if you want to, or just send it in. Thank you and have a nice evening.”
 blog it

No comments: