Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pre-Purim Program

English: Ahawah Children's Home, Berlin; Child...
English: Ahawah Children's Home, Berlin; Children in Purim Costumes (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
ted cohen, latke hamantash debate
ted cohen, latke hamantash debate (Photo credit: CHOLKE)
English: Studio portrait of Purim spilers in c...
English: Studio portrait of Purim spilers in costume, with musical instruments, Szydłowiec 1937 - H. Flacbaum, M. Świecznik, Lejbuś Dyment, A. Milstein, A. Tenenbaum. Polski: Przebierańcy w czasie śiwęta Purim - Szydłowiec 1937. Od lewej H. Flacbaum, M. Świecznik, Lejbuś Dyment, A. Milstein, A. Tenenbaum. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Purim Catwoman
Purim Catwoman (Photo credit: Joe King)
English: A girl on her way to disperse sweets\...
English: A girl on her way to disperse sweets\' baskets on Purim עברית: ילדה בדרכה לחלוקת משלוחי מנות, Original Image Name:משלוח מנות, Notes:יישובי להבה, הועלה ע"י צביה ויצחק רוט, Location:נתיבות (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Purim
Purim (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
English: Purim 2011
English: Purim 2011 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Purim greetings in Gateshead on Purim.
Purim greetings in Gateshead on Purim. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
English: Purim performance at the Jewish Theat...
English: Purim performance at the Jewish Theatre in Warszawa, Poland. March 2009. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Purim
Purim (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Purim revellers in costume, Philologus Hebræo-...
Purim revellers in costume, Philologus Hebræo-Mixtus, 1657. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Selling Hamantash in a purimic atmosphere
Selling Hamantash in a purimic atmosphere (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Purim street scene in Jerusalem
Purim street scene in Jerusalem (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
3 Hamantashen. At top: Poppy seed. Bottom left...
3 Hamantashen. At top: Poppy seed. Bottom left: Raspberry. Right: Apricot. Photographed in New Orleans, Purim. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Homemade prune hamantashen
Homemade prune hamantashen (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Purim plate for Mishloach Manot.
Purim plate for Mishloach Manot. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Gaily wrapped baskets of sweets, drinks and ot...
Gaily wrapped baskets of sweets, drinks and other foodstuffs given as mishloach manot on Purim day. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
A Purim gragger, a kind of ratchet used in Jud...
A Purim gragger, a kind of ratchet used in Judaism. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Purim
Purim (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
13032822194271_l
13032822194271_l (Photo credit: lora316k)
13040722114566_l
13040722114566_l (Photo credit: lora316k)
On Sunday I am going to Pre-Purim Program at Chabad of Poway. Update 2:50pm: I have found out today that we will be celebrating Amalie's birth tomorrow at 5:00pm so I checked to see what time is Pre-Purim Program is. It's from 2:00 to 4:00pm so I should be home on time. Update 2/17: Susan wants to go with children to Disneyland so the family gathering will be moved to tomorrow. Update 2/18: Julie was kind enough to drive me to the even. We where once of the first to get there and since we where first I was asked if I wanted to help with preparations I said that I did. To fined out what needs to be done I had to go to the front desk. A woman at the front desk thought for a while and asked me to look after a 9 years old boy. Let's just say that I had not done this much running since I have graduated high school. After all the preparations where done and all the guest arrived a woman came to fetch us. We went into the room marked with number 3, all the guests where already there some where playing on musical instruments. I too was offered to play the instrument, but at first I refused. Then I figured that it was going to be fun, I have picked timbrel. After making music or to be honest a lot of noise as everyone was playing at the same time and out of tune. When that was done I went to next room to bake hamentashen. While hamentashen was baking I had gone to make Purim basket and a mask. I have also started to draw the painting, but Rebbe was getting ready to speak, so I have went to listen. When he was done it was time for snack. I got my hamentashen. Unfortunately I was not able to try anything else as I had to go home. The mask that I made did not dry so I was not able to take it home, but when I did come home I was pleasantly surprised. Susan and the children, and my grandparents where home. They had finished eating pizza, they left some for me, and where eating cake. The pizza was delicious. After eating I had gone to walk the dog. I had to go twice because at the time of first walk Pearl was feeding her puppies.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: